If you’re needing to sell your home quickly, and preferably for cash, you already know that it can be a stressful and frustrating undertaking. But you can take at least a little comfort in knowing that you are definitely not alone. It’s common for people to find themselves in a position of having to dispose of a property fast, for a variety of reasons.
Perhaps you inherited a house that needs a lot of repairs, and you would rather sell the home instead of spending money on repairs. Or, perhaps you have a bad tenant that has damaged your home and you would rather sell your house for cash instead of having a head ached. It could be because of a divorce or the death of a spouse, resulting in an inability to meet mortgage payments. Maybe you’re moving to another city or just need a lot of cash right away. The bottom line is, selling your home has become the best option for you and your situation.
9 tips to help you sell your property fast
- Accept the current market conditions. Remember, you need to sell quickly, and that means you’ll probably have to settle for less than you’d like. The worst thing a person who is serious about selling their home can do is price it too high!
- Stage your home. Although you don’t want to sink a lot of money into it, you can make it look as nice as possible. There’s a lot that can be done with little effort which will help in attracting offers. Just cleaning up the yard and getting rid of clutter can add value to your home selling experience.
- Make obvious If you are going to try and sell your house on the open market, it is important to make those repairs which you know will turn off a buyer. For example, fix any holes in the walls or broken windows. If your yard is overgrown, cut it. Of course, if you are selling to our Company, we don’t need you to make any repairs! You can sell your home to us in “as-is” condition.
- Use good marketing tools. Use the power of the Internet to list your home on as many sites as you can. Zillow, for example is a good place to not only list your house for sale, but also get an idea of its value. There are also plenty of other non-realtor sites you can use to sell your house free. Put a sign in the yard, pin up flyers, and let every friend on your social media sites know you’re trying to sell.
- Use graphics in your marketing. These days people want to see pics and videos. Buy a decent camera and do a walkaround of your home both in still pictures and in video, and incorporate them into both your online and print listings.
- Hold an open house. Invite the neighbors and their friends, and advertise it with all the resources you used to list your house.
- Use a realtor. Really, the best way to get the highest price for your house is to hire a professional realtor. Assuming your home is in good enough shape and you have the time, this is your best bet to get top dollar.
- Consider an investment group. A good choice if you really need to sell fast. Real estate investment groups can be found in every city, and they’ll offer you a reasonable price, though not what you might get through a realtor. But, they’ll typically buy as is, pay all of the closing costs, take care of the paperwork. I know our Company will even let you stay in your house after the sale, to help you make a smooth transition.
The bottom line; there are plenty of ways to sell your home for a quick cash sale. If you use a little imagination and are willing to do a little bit of work, you will find the best alternative to meet home selling needs.